Re: [MV] m151a1 starting problems.

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Thu, 12 Aug 1999 09:50:54 -0400

At 05:54 12/08/99 -0600, Jason Rose wrote:
>I have never had any starting problems at all with this jeep, now I can't
>get it started for the life of me. I replaced fuel pump with a mechanical
>one, replaced all fuel lines, removed old fuel pump, cleaned carburetor,
>etc. It starts if I squirt a little fuel in the carb, but it quickly dies.
>I'm baffled. What should I check? What should I do?

Disconnect fuel line at the carb and crank over;

Does fuel squirt out ?

Yes:
problem likely at carb end: float valve stuck, inlet fuel strainer
blocked...,

No:
problem on the other side: air leak into the pipes, pipes kinked/blocked,
fuel strainer blocked (if there is one ?)
or at the pump itself: no drive, diaphragm torn, check valves stuck (open
OR closed, buggers it either way ;-)

Use your brain, man, and work at it in a logical manner.

Ron the Frog, in Darkest Paraguay.

There is a basic mental weakness evidenced by anyone
who would blame a tool for the foibles of its wielder.
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --