Re: [MV] Hummer auction

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Fri, 13 Aug 1999 22:14:33 -0500

>Ummm, guys... I AM grown up, and I've never had a chance to go to an
>auction. Some of these auctions (I hear) you can get gold plated
>halftracks for pennies. I don't know, I've never been to one.
>I apprciate folks who have been there and done that setting me straight in
>letting me know that the halftracks are paper mache and painted with gold
>paint...

I don't do auto auctions but I do machinery and equipment type auctions.
They are very fickle. At some of them you just stand there confused as hell
because they are bidding on used stuff at higher than new prices. Other
times they can't even get a bid and start lumping lots together. That's
when you get pennies on the dollar but it doesn't happen very often.
I guess one rule of auctions is that you better know what your bidding on.

je