Re: [MV] Compressed natural gas

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:46:49 -0600

>>By compressed natural gas I think you mean propane and under several
>> hundreds of
>>psi this actually liquefies at ambient temperature.

Propane is one of the front runners in the "Cleaner air" systems taht are
popping up, with all school bus and support vehicles in the El; Paso
Independant School District using it

> I think he means compressed natural gas (methane).

Actually, there is two types of Natrual Gas (methane) being used, as well as
propane, (ever see a bus of a truck with a little diamond sticker on the
back that says <CNG>, <LNG>, or <PROPANE> )
The CNG is diffrant then a LNG system,

> Liquid methane is
> alittle out of the realm of practicality.

I dont know the specs, but i could call the dude down at the local bus
depot, since all the transit athority busses use LNG... yes Liquified
methane

> I think the pressures for commercial CNG systems are running around 2500psi.

Again, I'll ask about that