Re: [MV] Cooking on Military Vehicles

Steve Thrasher (gpw42@yahoo.com)
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 00:25:31 -0700 (PDT)

List,

Those of you who collect modern M-series equipment may be interested to
know that the army now issues at least 2 different electric MRE
heaters. They plug into the vehicle electric system, and are made of
OD nylon. I suppose that the chemical heaters in the MRE packages
don't work well enough for the boys at Natick! If anybody's interested
in more details, let me know and I'll forward them after I return to
Korea in a couple of weeks (boy, is it nice to be back home for a
while!).

Also, there is a metal, permanently mounted, hot water heater now being
installed in at least some armored vehicles. It works pretty well, I
understand, but I've never personally used it.

Steve Thrasher
42 GPW