Re: [MV] GPW etched glass

Steve Malikoff MV list account (44gpw@phaedra.apana.org.au)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 07:25:24 +1000 (EST)

Lars wrote:
> in the AAW V I or II, Ray Cowdery writes, that
> kits for etching Ford logos and dates on
> windshild glass are available...from Ford
> V8 clubs in the USA which would fit the GPWs.
> I have tried to locate a source for these kits
> w/o succsess - can anyone help ?

Lars,
I bought a small bottle of Hydrofluoric acid from an electronics supply
store. I think it was called 'Armour Etch' or something like that. You
might also try a Chemical Supplies place. I bought the stuff for the same
reason you need it for! I was planning to cut the template from a thin
sheet of plastic (or photoetched brass) and carefully sponge the acid on
through it, then wash it off later. At the moment I have it listed as Priority
#20000 or so :)

Steve.
steven@phaedra.apana.org.au