RE: [MV] GPW etched glass

Lars Svaasand (lars.svaasand@valmarine.no)
Wed, 18 Aug 1999 13:26:44 +0200

> Hi -
> in the AAW V I or II, Ray Cowdery writes, that
> kits for etching Ford logos and dates on
> windshild glass are available...from Ford
> V8 clubs in the USA which would fit the GPWs.
>
> I have tried to locate a source for these kits
> w/o succsess - can anyone help ?

The etched logo on glass was done with sandblasting. Small sandblaster
guns are available at hardware or hobby stores, used for decorating drinking
glasses,
etc.

All you then need is a template. I don't know if Ford templates are
available,
but it shouldnt be too difficult to make one of photoetched brass. If you
dont have
the equipment yourself, a signmaker or electronics company may be able to
help you.

-Lars, Norway