[MV] Fwd: again ( a response to my response on the ethical ?)

Jaime A Ponce de Leon (jaimepdl@elp.rr.com)
Mon, 23 Aug 1999 20:34:23 -0600

Dweezle123@aol.com wrote:

> again, lets say that you make an exact duplicate of what you currently have
> as an original example, it is not correct to manufacture this for sale unless
> is is marked in such a way to distiquish it from an original part.
>Mark the part with the words "replica" or "non original copy" NO
> other variations will be distiquishable by a museum and it may end up in a
> museum as an "original" otherwise, which, of course is what you are trying
> to avoid in the first place.

Jaimepdl@elp.rr.com Replied:

What did I say?
"Authentic Reproduction By: and put your name or your company name"

Authentic REPRODUCTION
Thats more then enough to distinuish it from the original, If you do some of
the other suggestions, like make one less vent, or something else, that may
either make it diffrent enough, not to be authentic, or even worse, somone
may not catch that and sell it as a reproduction

I stick by my original post, Put
"Authentic Reproduction By:" and put your name.

~~
There is no great genius without a mixture of madness.
-Aristotle

--
Jaime Ponce de Leon
SysOp, MadRabbitt Internet