RE: [MV] Events and Public relations

Keith, Steve (Steve.Keith@compaq.com)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 13:40:01 -0400

Good points. In addition, we still have some (~4,000 fewer) WW2 vets who
tend to love our support and ownership of their 'youthful Mil service'
HMV's.

Do it now, don't wait!

Steve

Remember cruise nights too...

-----Original Message-----
From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com [mailto:LEEnCALIF@aol.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 24, 1999 12:03 PM
To: Mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: [MV] Events and Public relations

I've mentioned this topic before, but it's worth restating....

Last Saturday our Ferret 2/3 was on display at the Mainstream America event
in Butte County, California. It was there as a lone curiousity piece and
for
a unique fund raising idea. Folks had their picture taken (in a DPM
uniform)
standing next to it. Everyone was impressed and showed a lot of interest in

checking over the old girl and her still remarkable engineering.

In exchange for having it at the event, I was able to make mention of the
MVPA, our objectives and even discuss the latest import problem with the
right folks. Of those visitors checking it over and talking with me was one

Congressman, one Senator, two Assemblymen and the county Sheriff... who said

he definately wanted one!

Now where else could I have got that kind of personal contact from
politicians without a well paid lobbyist or without making a big campaign
contribrution? lol

This summer literally thousands of people have become aware of ...and shown
interest in... this mil-veh hobby and the MVPA because we made our solo
effort.
>From car shows to Veteran's work shops and most recently at Mainstream
America.
Every time, every event, we've had a great response. In the past 3 months,
we've had to turn down at least a half dozen events simply because of the
demand elsewhere.
I mention this only because there are many, many opportunities for the MVPA
to make a positive impression on the public and have some fun in the
process.
Fund raisers like Mainstream America is just one example of opportunity
knocking.
The main thing is we definitely need the good image and public support now
more than ever. If we don't push for it, I feel we're an endangered
species.

Jack ...
from sunny California

PS I bought a SUMB with trailer. For pics of this or the Ferret e-mail me.