Re: [MV] Events and Public relations

D Paradise (deanparadise@hotmail.com)
Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:57:49 GMT

I just had a similar experience.
I drove my restored 44GPW to rent a video and was approached in the parking
lot by a gentleman who was very interested in my jeep. After about twenty
minutes discussing it’s history and the men who drove them, he told me that
his brother was the US Congressman for this area. He said his brother would
be very interested in using it for parades and events. He was going to tell
his brother about it and I agreed drive his brother in the next 4th of July
Parade. (Since he was a Republican)

Dean
44GPW

>From: LEEnCALIF@aol.com
>To: Mil-veh@skylee.com
>Subject: [MV] Events and Public relations
>Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:03:12 EDT
>
>I've mentioned this topic before, but it's worth restating....
>
>Last Saturday our Ferret 2/3 was on display at the Mainstream America event
>in Butte County, California. It was there as a lone curiousity piece and
>for
>a unique fund raising idea. Folks had their picture taken (in a DPM
>uniform)
>standing next to it. Everyone was impressed and showed a lot of interest
>in
>checking over the old girl and her still remarkable engineering.
>
>In exchange for having it at the event, I was able to make mention of the
>MVPA, our objectives and even discuss the latest import problem with the
>right folks. Of those visitors checking it over and talking with me was
>one
>Congressman, one Senator, two Assemblymen and the county Sheriff... who
>said
>he definately wanted one!
>
>Now where else could I have got that kind of personal contact from
>politicians without a well paid lobbyist or without making a big campaign
>contribrution? lol
>
>This summer literally thousands of people have become aware of ...and shown
>interest in... this mil-veh hobby and the MVPA because we made our solo
>effort.
SNIP