[MV] Re:You gotta see the antenna power booster

Tom Norris (badger@telalink.net)
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 05:17:48 -0500

OH NOOOO! Not THAT again. The only thing *THAT THING* is good for is to
keep from putting any eye out guys!! Geesh...... Yea, it was used in Desert
Storm, and before, and since. It covers the tip of the antenna whip and keeps
it from snagging in things and keeps folks from running into it and injuring
therselves.

There is more info on the device on the Shakespear antenna site ---
http://www.shakespeare-ef.com/military/mil120.htm
Just go to the accessories section and click on the "eye protector"

( Yes Buzz, I know it was posted in fun :-) Just there was a BIG discussion
last
year about this very same device which was sold at over $20 at the time
with the
same claims as the web page ad states. Hate for some folks to waste even the
$4.97 for a rounded antenna tip/corona ball if they think it will make
their radios
talk farther. )

Tom

http://www.telalink.net/millist/mi.html

"CAREFUL! You could put an eye out with that!!!!"