Re: [MV] Generator

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:29:05 -0500

>Once again, flea marketing at non-military vehicle events has really payed
>off. I picked up a 1944 US Army Corps of Engineers Generator, type E-3. It
>is dual phase 120 V, 3.5 KW, powered by a little four cylinder Hercules
>engine. Real cute. Runs like a top. I would like to find a manual for it.
>Does anybody out there have a manual for this? Original preferred, good
>reprint acceptable.

Is this the one made by Hobart? Has it's own little house about 2' wide, 4'
long and maybe 3' high. With a Herc ZX-B engine???? If so, I know 2 people
that use them regularly to power a remote cabin. Both are also looking for
manuals. Let me know if you find any. Also know of another guy with one
but he needs, REALLY NEEDS, a fan for it, it's not a normal bladed fan, it's
a squirel cage looking thing with two sections on it.

je