Re: [MV] Kroil?

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 22:29:59 -0500

>Also some people have had luck warming up the bolt with a torch,
>but be careful not to over-do it or ya might lose your temper!!!

I have VERY good luck with a torch. But at that point I really don't care
about saving the bolt/nut/stud, I just want to get it off. You must get the
thread part orange hot, but it works every time. There is something about
getting it up to that temperature that releases the rust bond, don't know
the details but it works. Now if you want to save the parts.... that's
another story.

je