Re: [MV] Military in Fort Worth

Jess Minton (pd.minton@worldnet.att.net)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:54:24 +0000

Hello Okie,

At 02:40 PM 9/1/99 EDT, you wrote:
>Could anyone advise me of military related sites (museums, militaria or
>vehicle shops) in Fort Worth?

Some places include:
Carswell Joint Reserve Air base.. has all kinds of parked aircraft along
the drive in.. phantoms, hueys, etc. Located in N/W Fort Worth off of I-30.
*820 JEEP SERVICE has LOTS of Jeep parts and old jeeps.. Hwy 20 and 820 off
of Business 287.
*Terrell AIRBORNE Museum is about 45 minutes east of Ft. Worth on the east
side of Dallas. I've never been to that one..
*Leo Porter's MIDWAY SUPPLY is off of Hwy 183 souty on Valley View Ln. in
Irving, has a part for just about anything military on wheels.
*Cavanaugh AIR MUSEUM in Addision is supposed to be one of the better
private Air museums around. Located N/W of Dallas.
*Finally it might be worth your while to make a detour through Bowie, Texas
and check out RAPCO. You could get lost in his lot of stuff.

Hope this helps! let me know if you need better directions or phone numbers.
Jess Minton
1942 GPW
Arlington, TX