Re: [MV] M35A2 markings

JOHN SEIDTS (john@astory.com)
Wed, 1 Sep 1999 23:46:26 -0400

TRP CMD stands for Troop Command. States with National Guard units which
don't fall under any TOE chain of command, like an Infantry Division or
Separate Brigade, usually create this TDA type of unit to act as a higher
headquarters for units like roundout brigades, hospital units, separate
logistics companies or battalions, etc. The 116 MASH (Mobile Army Surgical
Hospital) was just such a unit, under the Delaware National Guard. The red
cross on the white square goes with that history. They were deactivated in
the last round of US Army Medical Unit reorganizations. I don't think they
had a combat history, but a call to the Delaware Army National Guard
Headquarters would probably give you all the info you need. The vehicle may
or may not have had those markings on at the same time- the TRP CMD was the
higher headquarters of the 116th, but the truck may have belonged only to
TRP CMD and not the MASH, and was later moved to the MASH, or vice versa.