Re: [MV] I Saw..........

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Thu, 02 Sep 1999 10:42:56 -0500

Joe wrote,

>Tuesday evening on the way home from work I saw:
>one tank, one duece-and-a-half, one half track, one greyhound (M-8,
>M-20)
>All WWII vintage, all restored,.....NICELY, looked new.
>Going East out of Wellsville, NY on Rte. 417 on two tractor-trailers.
>Some moving their toy collection? Going to a show?

This was a part of the Tom Gould collection on it's way to Frank
Buck's place in Pennsylvania. Frank bought Tom's collection of MVs and will
have some of it up for sale. The tank (M-4) you saw was formerly owned by
me. I purchased it from a day school here in Dearborn, Michigan about 10
years ago. The school used it (and a DUKW,BT-13 airplane and several fire
trucks) for a piece of playground equipment. I used to play on it when I
was a little kid, probably why I have the OD sickness now!
Contact Frank Buck if your looking for a good M-4-A3 tank.

--Jim