Re: [MV] GPW rear locking hubs

fv74@altavista.net
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 12:02:09 -0400 (EDT)

Jackson

Steve McQueen's MB had locking hubs on all four wheels. I started drawings of the axles and determined that we have the correct tooling at the driveline company that I work at to make these. To get a production run, I would need to be able to sell about 100 pairs of these axles at $200.00 to $300.00 a set. This did not look feasible, so I am going to try for a sample run myself and maybe a couple others. Welding the axles is kind of iffy. You have to know what you are doing, and even then they might not hold up. I have seen at least 3 MB/GPW's with this setup.

Dave Fillman
45 MB