Re: [MV] M35 Registration in CA

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Sat, 4 Sep 1999 21:01:05 -0500

>Will there be a problem if a long time, say, a few months, passes
>between step 1 and step 4? There's no guarantee that the truck will be
>drivable, and I won't even try (except for a quick spin around the
>DRMO yard, if I can, of course!) until I tear it apart and check it
>over with a fine-toothed comb.

In this state (WI) it is advisable to go and get title only and not wait.
The law says you have so many days to get it titled but you do not have to
get it licensed until it will actually be used on the road. I did this
with a striaght truck I bought, got title right away and got plate 2 years
later, no problems at all. Most states seem to do the same basic things,
you'll have to check.

je