Re: [MV] Mule engine conversions

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 6 Sep 1999 00:00:53 -0500

> While we're on the Mule engine subject, Does anyone know if the Mule 4
>cylinder was used on generators? My Brother-in-law just bought 2-4 cylinder
>aircooled opposed engines(supposedly new, in the crates) that appear to be
>mule engines

There is a 4 cylinder version of the 2 cylinder engine which was for genset
use, but it should be like 84 cuin which is alot bigger than the original 4
cylinder mule engine (ahh, what were they... like 38 cuin????). I've talked
to some people who have joked about putting that 4 cyl engine (the bigger
one) in a mule, of course it would hang out the back a bit. You might also
start breaking things.

je