[MV] airborne jeep modific. Book

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Wed, 08 Sep 1999 09:24:27 +0200

At 22.01 07/09/99 -0700, TONY wrote:
>I think it was Colin who posted that they were working on a article for
army>motors on WW2 Brit Airborne jeep modifications;>
>The standard modifications i believe were as follows:

... (snip) ...

>Just my two cents

>Tony Standefer
>Everett, Wa

Sep. 7 1999

Hi from Italy!
Back from two (huge!) weeks without MV List...

O.K. There is a book on British airborne jeep modifications:

Monica Baan and Rob van Meel "British Airborne Jeeps: Modifications and
Markings 1942-1945" 44 pp., A4, 30 plus drawings, softbound, British pounds
7.99.

No photos, drawings only from official manuals.
Not all airborne jeeps had a lot of things removed to be loaded in gliders.
Second generation gliders (or later models) were larger and were loaded
from the front by tilting (if I am not wrong) the pilots cab.

The Authors of the above book keep it updated as more info is obtained,
each time they reprint it (and it has been reprinted many times!).

My 0.002 Euro contribution.

Keep Them Rolling!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.