Re: [MV] RE: White Star on US vehicles.

Steven P. Allen (spallen@rolemail.ccis.edu)
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:28:55 -0500 (CDT)

At 07:36 PM 9/9/99 EDT, Muttguru@aol.com wrote:
>I still think that the use of
>the National Symbol, as described in the Painting TM, relates to
>International Agreements on the conduct of warfare.

Well, the Geneva Conventions are a postwar agreement; therefore, they could
not apply to WWII. I also suspect the Brit was parroting a military "urban
legend." Many supposed "restrictions" on the "conduct of warfare" related
to the Conventions are nothing of the sort, or at least so I am told by a
fellow who used to teach military classes on the subject. I'll see if I
can't get him to find out whether the national symbol--not all countries use
them, BTW--is required.

Steve Allen