Re: [MV] winches, pulleys, leverage???????

Joe Foley (redmenaced@yahoo.com)
Thu, 16 Sep 1999 06:59:15 -0700 (PDT)

HOLD IT HERE A MINUTE.............

The below is correct IF the winch truck is pulling ITSELF out of the
mud!

If you're pulling ANOTHER truck out:

Do this:

>From the winch to a pulley on the stuck truck, then to get more weight
to pull with, hook the end of the cable to a truck next to the winch
truck. That way you get double pulling force AND a better anchor to
pull from.

Now if you still need more force, put a pulley on the truck next to the
winch truck and run the cable back to the stuck truck.

There,........ that ought to confuse you even more!

Joe F.