Re: [MV] DRMS M38A1's

COLIN STEVENS (colin@pacdat.net)
Sun, 26 Sep 1999 01:16:45 -0700

-----Original Message-----
From: jonathon <jemery@execpc.com>
To: mil-veh@skylee.com <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: Saturday, September 25, 1999 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: [MV] DRMS M38A1's

>>Ironic isn't it? CJ = "Civilian Jeep" The Canadian Armed Forces bought
>>military production DJ (?)
>
>DJ = "Dispatcher Jeep", i.e. mail truck
>
>je

Information is VERY sketchy here so don't quote me yet. 4x2 jeeps looking a
bit like CJ-5 were apparently used by the RCN. A restored one, apparently a
real ex-RCN one is owned by the museum at HMCS Naden (near Victoria, BC). I
know almost nothing about these civilian models.

Colin Macgregor Stevens
MVPA Member 954 (since 1977)
& member B Coy 1 Canadian Parachute Battalion (Living History)
Pitt Meadows, British Columbia, Canada
E-mail: colin@pacdat.net
Personal web site: http://bcoy1cpb.pacdat.net
1944 Willys MB