RE: [MV] GPW Engine Crank

PETER S HAMBLIN (PSHAMBLIN@Hybeck.com)
Fri, 1 Oct 1999 14:52:13 +0100

Tim

My GPW was also a pig to start when hot.

First check the timing on the distributor, the earth to the starter
motor and the condition of all the connections on the coil.

What I found out with mine was that their was a build up of oxidisation
on the HT leads in the distributor cap which stopped it from starting
when it was hot, cleaned that away with some sand paper and away it went
on the battery, it much better than cranking it!

Peter
42GWP