Re: [MV] Event rules

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Wed, 29 Sep 1999 06:44:09 -0400

McCoy, Bruce wrote:
<snip>. While the vehicle was not too much of a problem, the guests were in
>full uniform of "SS" storm troopers. This did raise a few eyebrows and=
some
>comments were made to the event leaders. I know that we have several past
>and present leaders from clubs around the world on-line and I would like
>feedback on how you and your clubs/events handle these issues.I.E. (a) the
>replica vehicles, (b) the reenactors in full uniform and (C) Axis uniforms
>on display or for sale.=20

(a) The club I belonged to when in France had a very simple policy for these
matters: vehicles had to be historically correct: a Hotchkiss Jeep with a
white star, or a VW181 in Afrika Korp markings were frowned upon, and the
owners educated.

(b) For these, club policy was also simple: No uniforms, insigna or medals
unless the wearer was personnally entitled to wear them.

In other word, you could only dress-up as a French Army infantery captain,
and wear the M=E9daille Militaire IF, and ONLY IF you were a captain of foot
in the French Army, and had been awarded the M=E9daille Militaire.

This simplified matters no end; anyway, wearing any Nazi uniform or insigna
is illegal in France, and the few daft sods who would not understand the
fact, and thought our rallies were but an excuse to parade swastikas, were
no re-invited to our rallies.

(c) Any trade in Nazi memorabilia, or just the ownership thereof, is also
illegal in France...

Ron the Frog, for fifteen years membership secretary of the Escadron de
l'Histoire, in France.

Renaud et Margaret OLGIATI No act of kindness,
Cerro Cora 3662 no matter how small,
Asuncion (Paraguay) ever goes completely unpunished.=
=20
(595)(21) 210 474 _______ rolgiati@infonet.com.py _______(595)(981) 457 140