Re: [MV] Deuce Unit Markings

Rich Weinkauf (RWeinkauf@email.msn.com)
Fri, 8 Oct 1999 22:24:10 -0400

Hi Jay,

I'm a Deuce owner here in Michigan too, I wonder what part of the state you
are in?

Anyway, my truck served with the Delaware Army National Guard, and I have
had some luck contacting the Public Affairs Office with my requests. The
numbers for the Public Affairs Office of the Illinois Army National Guard
are:

Phone Numbers and E-Mail Addresses:
MAJ Mark Hurley (217) 761-3567 hurelym@il-arng.ngb.army.mil
LTC Lesa McManigell (217) 761-3643 mcmanigelll@il-arng.ngb.army.mil
MAJ Tim Franklin (217) 761-3569 franklintw@il-arng.ngb.army.mil
CW3 Harry "Bud" Roberts (217) 761-3526 robertsb@il-arng.ngb.army.mil
SrA Stacey Rieger (217) 761-3569 riegersa@il-arng.ngb.army.mil

The above comes from their web site at:
http://doim-il.ngb.army.mil/default1.htm

Most of my historical knowledge of the truck comes from scraping through
layers of paint to discover the various markings. My truck was in the 116th
MASH with the DE-ARNG for most of its life (3 separate paint jobs all with
these markings), then ended its service, still in the DE-ARNG with the 261st
Signal Brigade.

I have a call and email request into the DE-ARNG Public Affairs Office. I
actually got farther when I mistakenly called the DE Air National Guard
first- got lots of Maintenance Yard phone numbers from a very helpful
sergeant.

Hope this helps,

Rich