Re: [MV] Dry cleaning solvent

Ken Boge (ken@clovermachine.com)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 13:52:39 -0700

My memory is a little fuzzy on some of this, but I believe
carbontetrachloride had been used as a dry cleaning solvent for many years.
It may be banned as a carcinogen now.
These days dry cleaners use "perc" or perchloroethylene as a solvent which
is listed by the EPA as a "probable human carcinogen". Remember that next
time you pick up your dry cleaning.

Ken
"I love the smell of diesel in the morning"