Re: [MV] Dirty Fuel

Antoine (antoine@usa.net)
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 23:23:46 -0700

You're not alone!
Same thing happened to me for letting the MB sit down undriven
for almost a year, without having taken proper storage
precautions (My excuse is that I did not know at the time it
would be so long until I would come back)... Everything was a
mess...rusted fuel tank, separated fuel components eating
through the mesh in the filler neck..black goo everywhere...and
of course since I insisted to try to start the jeep (it took me
a while to finally open the tank and smell the sh*!- in there) I
now have to remove the head, check and clean or replace the
valves, clean and lap the seats, clean the fuel lines and the
carb, repair the fuel pump with a kit, clean and change the fuel
filter element etc...
Since I can't do it myself ( I am 6,000 miles away) it will cost
me about $800, including a brand new tank...
Now, if you are embarassed, what do you think of this here
stupidity?
Antoine
http://www.freehomepages.com/antoine
http://www.powow.com/harley42xa