Re: [MV] MVPA ELECTION

Tim Clark (glengar@bellatlantic.net)
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 11:37:41 -0400

DANIEL PARMLEY Jr. wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> My 2 cents on the election process with the MVPA.
>
> I joined the MVCC/ IMVCC/MVPA in 1985 in that time I have become an ex MVPA
> member but not by choice. The (SOME) of leaders of the MVPA at the time I
> had never even hear of but voted on my removal based on a highly
> inflammatory letter generated by (at that time, currently this person is a
> board member and the one that lost the last election in a land slide except
> for the Italian MVPA members that voted in a "block" for this guy, then he
> won!) an MVPA member. I have yet to legally deal with this individual and
> enlighten him on the consequences of slander and defamation of character.
>
> The reason I am writing the list is to give you a couple of people you DO,
> UNDERLINE, DO want to vote for. These people are credible and true
> collectors not people looking for a status symbol by having this job. I as
> do many other serious collectors praise these guys for there true work on
> and in the MVPA. These would be as follows:
>
> Frank Buck
> Garrick Smith
> Kenton Tucker
> Jim Gilmore (If we can get behind him and get him in)
>
> Also there are other people who do a great job with the club but these three
> without a doubt will work for you, for us. I have found them to be above
> board and common sense based.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> Dan Parmley Jr.
> Tactical Vehicle Depot
> artillerydan@prodigy.net
> M37 (USMC) 1951
> M101A1 trailer (USMC) 196?
> M756A2 pipeline truck (Seabees) 1969
> M2A2 105mm Howitzer 1952
> M2A2 105mm Howitzer 194?
> XM34 (Little John) Rocket Launcher 1960
> M274A1 Mule 19??
> + other trailers
>
> ===
These people ARE definitly OK! G SMITH is a member of my local area MV
club and has been solidly behind Jim GILMORE, to the extent that
President Lee HOLLAND hasn't replied to his questions.
It's quite obvious, especially from the way the Board put in that
requirement to discourage member's By-Law suggestions, that the majority
of the board has no interesdt in making the MVPA anywhere near a
democratic organization.
Mr Buck, Garrick & Kenton are deserving of our support and need us to
vote the others OUT and put in people who can work progressively with
the present three, more open, Board members.