Re: [MV] convoy lights on 67 Land Rover ?s

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Fri, 15 Oct 1999 08:56:38 +0100

-----Original Message-----
From: Lonn and Rhonda <hoops@owt.com>
To: Mil-Veh <mil-veh@skylee.com>
Date: 15 October 1999 08:04
Subject: [MV] convoy lights on 67 Land Rover ?s

>Any idea where the chassis mounted convoy lights would have been mounted?
>Me neither... but at US$195 each, I don't want to buy too many!

Crikey, they got expensive, must have flown first class.

There are two possibilities, the lights you refer to are likely singular too.
It may have had a white painted bridging plate style disk illuminated by a
small, downwards aimed shrouded lamp; or the rear of the diff case is painted
white and illuminated by a chassis mounted lamp.

Occasionally on some vehicles, a very small shrouded light was actually mounted
on the diff case itself.

Richard
(Southampton UK)