Re: [MV] 5 ton locomotive

Dave Cole (davidacole@juno.com)
Sun, 24 Oct 1999 19:47:06 -0500

I never knew that.

I grew up in Plymouth during high school and about a 1/2 mile from our
house there was a guy who had a full blown small rail road setup in his
multi-acre field. He used to give kids rides on the rail cars. They
looked factory made, it sounds like they were.

The guys house was right on Joy road, West of Lilley Rd on the south
side. The guy died, and one day I drove by and all of the track had been
removed, that was probably in the late 70's.

FWIW, Plymouth, MI was also the location of the original Daisy B-B gun
factory. You may want to check out the historical society of Plymouth.
They have a pretty good size building in town. Of course I was a local
so I have never been there. (;->)

Dave