Re: [MV] EPA-Emissions-imports

jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 21:50:10 -0500

>Here is all the web site told me: The Clean Air Act of 1970 gave EPA broad
>authority to regulate motor vehicle pollution, and the Agency's emission
>control policies have become progressively more stringent since the early
>1970's.

Lets look at this another way. Convert the vehicle to LP (propane). This
should take care of any and all pollution issues. . At some later time
you can convert it back, but you may even find that you like propane (LP)
better than gas. If the vehicle does not get much use or the use is local
enough that you do not have to deal with finding fuel sources out of your
home turf then what's the big deal, so it cost's a little more per mile?
One word of advice. If your looking for a place to get LP parts and stuff
from, stay away from the places that have sprung up as a result of y2k, go
talk to some/any companies in your area that use alot of fork lift trucks or
service them and ask their service people who they buy there LP equipment
from. I converted my M715 and, while it's off line right now, I really like it.

je