Re: [MV] Questions on operating an M35

mblair1@home.net
Mon, 01 Nov 1999 20:03:45 -0800

MVTrucker@aol.com wrote:

> Also, please note the use of the word COMMERCIAL in the manual, the
> Federal Law. Ask them how they plan to force you to obtain a CDL,
> when in fact your use will be strictly personal and not for hire.
> Maybe the state you live in has a law that requires non commercial
> drivers to have a CDL.

Here in California, the CDL requirement is based on the type of
vehicle, not just its intended use. I checked with both the DMV (who
told me to call the highway patrol) and the highway patrol (the guys
who write the tickets), and a class B or better is required for an M35
in California, no exceptions.. It sounds like a lot of other states
are more enlightened. Why doesn't that surprise me? :-)

--
PGP 2.6.2 public key available from http://pgp.ai.mit.edu/
Web page: http://www.qsl.net/ke6myk/