Re: [MV] Beltring 2000

Douglas Greville (dgrev@apollo.ruralnet.net.au)
Wed, 03 Nov 1999 16:22:10 +1030

Lars

> ....I volunteer to be the Dambuster's bomb.......
>
> click..phhhhh..splash...dip.........dip.......dip....dip..dip..dip.boing..wuummm
> - flood !

Interesting, nearly fell off my chair laughing!

Nigel - since everyone seems so taken with Lanc's, maybe you had better
see if the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight will oblige and do a
fly-past with theirs for next years event, may keep the bar patrons in
their place (totally outclassed)?
Now before Arthur does a ballistic missile impersonation, perhaps we
had better get back on topic.

As far as meeting places and that go. This year available space was very
limited in the bar. Beltring is BIG but there are also lots of people
there. For the Americans, picture the Oshkosh Air Show, Beltring is not
as big, but definetly along the same lines. The latest Supply Line and
Army Motors have 2 good articles about Beltring 1999.
You can easily spend a full day just walking the flea market and only
stoping at the stalls that REALLY interest you. Plus what is happening
in the display arena etc. Trying to get everyone to rendevous at the
one place at a certain time will take lots of organising, but is worth
a try.

Regards
Doug