Re: [MV] Beltring 2000

MV List Admin (postmaster@skylee.com)
Wed, 4 Nov 99 00:59:00 -0800

I misdirected an earlier message about this, but a more recent
message from Nigel Hay has rendered much of what I said in it moot.
I will address the Beltring issue below. Henceforth, please e-mail
me directly if any of you would like to discuss it further rather
than discuss it via the list.

Before I discuss Beltring 2000, there is one thing I want to
touch on from Lars-Uwe Rudek's recent posting. He mentioned:
>bearing in mind the list being very much US orientated,

Please bear in mind equally that this list is not US-orientated
because of anything I mandate. As I have said before, discussion
tends to be weighted towards US vehicles because there are many
collectors in the US, because the US produced lots of equipment,
and the US generates a large amount of Internet traffic. Having a
table at Beltring would indeed be an excellent opportunity to
introduce the list to new people.

Nigel Hay later said:
>I am pleased to confirm if you folks need a stand space we (the
>show organisers) can arrange it obviously it would be at no cost.

I appreciate this generous offer very much, and will serve as point
of contact for list members who would want to man such a space. At
first, I hesitated to permit direct association with the list as
it appeared impossible for me to directly participate, but some
discussion with my better half has opened the door to it. We will
see. In the meantime, please e-mail me if you will be attending
Beltring 2000 and if you would like to spend some time at a table.
I will write up a 250 word description for Nigel.

Again, please direct futher discussion on a possible mil-veh list
table to me and not the list. Thanks.

--Arthur Kyle, mil-veh list admin <ack@skylee.com>
Please do NOT quote my whole message back to me when replying