Re[4]: [MV] Misinformed in California

James Burrill (jburrill@dttus.com)
04 Nov 1999 12:24:23 -0600

Hi John,

If your antique HMV is properly tagged in your home state and you
drive into another state to attend a meet, the receprosity (sp?)
agreements between states should apply. If you don't need turn signals
on your WWII vehicle in your home state, you shouldn't be subject to a
fine for their lack in another state.

I really feel for the guys who have heavy haulers from the 60's and
don't qualify as an antique to be exempt from the DOT rules. I guess
what I want to see cleared up is if you use a WWII truck to tow a
trailer and your other WWII vehicle, did you need a CDL to do it? As
long as the tow vehicle is tagged as an antique,regardless of max
weight or type of brakes, I don't think you need to go out and take
the CDL exam.

I have gotten several posts from folks who can't seem to distinguish
between an antique tagged vehicle and a 60's/70's M35 or whatever. Not
you John, just using your post as the forum to reply to the list.

That's it! End of this thread for me! All my stuff stops at '44. All
have Antique plates and I don't sweat the DOT.

Cheers,
Jim