RE: RE: [MV] Meaning of letters "CCKW"

Keith, Steve (Steve.Keith@compaq.com)
Mon, 8 Nov 1999 12:29:11 -0500

They did make a a DAKW-### as a prototype and another one a whose code I
cannot remember (maybe DAK-###). The A was for low profile as I recall.

-----Original Message-----
From: gwim2@student.open.ac.uk [mailto:gwim2@student.open.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, November 08, 1999 1:10 PM
To: Keith, Steve
Cc: charlespost@home.com; mil-veh@skylee.com
Subject: Re: RE: [MV] Meaning of letters "CCKW"

I did hear it stated that the W was specifically for ' twin rear axles on
an inverted leaf spring ' but I've no idea if the inventory included any
other twin rear axle arrangement at that time.

I've always imagined that is should have been DAKW (with the A for
Amphibian) and then someone said over coffe break ' if we call it U for
Utility rather than A for Amphibian it would sound like a duck......'

Gordon