Re: [MV] M-43 has the Flu

Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 07:31:47 -0500

I think you were on the money looking into a fuel starvation problem.

You didn't mention if you checked the fuel pump. I'm not sure if this righ has
a mechanical fuel pump but often the leaver wears in the area where it contacts
the cam. This results in an inability to provide fuel when full power is
needed (fuel starvation). There is no need to replace the pump if this is the
problem. Simply have a welder run a bead over the worn portion of the arm to
build it up. Smooth it out with a grinder, wash and reinstall. I'll bet your
fuel supply worries will be gone.

Let me know if this works.

Good luck,
-=-

--
-Buzzard

Don't drive faster than your angels can fly. _______ /__.___.__\ W. J. Buzz Szarek WM1W {___\ ~ /___} Cobra Consulting Group |`o-------o'| 97 ESP Pacific Green / Tan buzzNOSPAM@toast.net "High speed, Low drag" Remove NOSPAM to reply