Re: [MV] Blasted Carter YS carb on M38A1

T. Hintopoulos (hint@northnet.org)
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 09:08:04

At 07:43 PM 11/13/99 -0500, David wrote:
>Ok, the house smells of carb cleaner, I've got grease on a new pair of
>jeans, and the blasted carb still isn't running right. I took the carb

One more point, the M38/A1 carb uses
a vacuum operated accelerator pump. With the
engine off, pumping the gas pedal produces nothing. So you may have a clogged
vacuum passage or a bad vacuum diaphram in the accelerator circuit.

I've found the Carter to be very reliable. I've an M38.
Just be sure that the kit you use is "Modern Gas" compatible.

Good Luck!
Ted Hintopoulos