Re: [MV] BMW R12/Chinese replica m/c

Renaud OLGIATI (rolgiati@conexion.com.py)
Thu, 18 Nov 1999 15:40:55 -0400

At 13:19 18/11/99 +0100, you wrote:

>In the past there have been many postings concerning a Chinese replica of
>the WWII German BMW R12 (IIRC!) motorcycle: however, no pictures have
>never been posted to a website...
<snip>
>I must confess that after the H-D WLA-42, there is a WWII German motorcycle
>in my dreams! I cannot afford the original one but I did make a thought on
>the replica... I do not know if it is imported in Italy. It seems that it
>is imported in Germany (Andreas?), in the U.K. and Switzerland.

I know they are (were ?) imported in France.

The De Thomasson brothers were involved in the tests to check whether they
conformed to local rules and regulations.

And IIRC, _SOME_ parts (including, I believe, the crankshaft) were
interchangeable with the original.

Cheers,

Ron the Frog, sweltering on the banks of the Paraguay River.

We'll cross that bridge when we come back to it later.
-- http://personales.conexion.com.py/~rolgiati/ --