Re: [MV] M35A2 in the snow?

Richard Notton (Richard@fv623.demon.co.uk)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 06:45:16 -0000

-----Original Message-----
From: Jaime A Ponce de Leon <jaimepdl@elp.rr.com>
Date: 23 November 1999 02:48
Subject: Re: [MV] M35A2 in the snow?

>> << or a fully charged Cell phone and a phone book. >>
>>
>> Take my word for it, a cell phone is not worth a #$@%@# in the mountains. I
>> broke down going through the Rocky Mountain NP last June at Iceberg Pass,
>> 13,000 ft +/-.
>
>exactly, i found out this last weekend, just how wonderful cellphones can be
>in the mountains, horrible reception, when i could get thru.

Simple economics of supply and demand; supply cell site equipment say $100K,
demand maybe two guys use it one a year when they're stuck.
No contest.

>anyway, on to me response... I would reccomend a set of snow tires, or
>mud-terrains at the least; second, a load in the back really helps, because
>the rear tires can push down harder and get more "bite"; third, remember,
>any terrain out there that can get a big ol' military truck stuck, would be
>more then a match for anything else,

Surprising no one has latched onto the BV202/206, purpose designed for the job,
cheap and scrap here; even the steering is on the right side for the US. . . .
. .

Richard
(Southampton UK)