[MV] Italian "Lince" (lynx)

Raimondo L. Torelli (thealamo@iigbna.iigb.na.cnr.it)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 09:11:39 +0100

At 19.15 18/11/99 -0500, GEOFF wrote:
>"Raimondo L. Torelli" wrote:
>>
>> NOW: what is a "Lynx" (spelling?)?
>
>Your spelling is correct. The Lynx is a small Ford of Canada scout car,
>3255 of which were manufactured during WW2. It draws heavily on the
>British Daimler Dingo in appearance and layout, although mechanically it
>is much more conventional (standard 85hp flathead et al). For a good
>look at a very nice Lynx, which won Best-of-Show at Beltring this year,
>check my site here and scroll down to 'LYNX':
>
>http://www.netwave.ca/~whiskey/mlu/cmparmour.html

... snip ...

>Regards,
>
>Geoff Winnington-Ball
>MAPLE LEAF UP! ==>
>Zephyr, Ontario, Canada
>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>Maple Leaf Up - The Canadian Army Overseas in WW2
>http://www.netwave.ca/~whiskey/mlu/

Nov 23 1999

Geoff,
Thanks a lot for the info! I have checked your CMP site you suggested:
Wow (I said WOW!)!!!
I have a suggestion: the picture showing the 25 pounder/limber/FAT from
the Dutch collector Dirk Leegwater CANNOT be enlarged... I like it, it is
beeaauuttiiffuull!|

NOW! The Lynx: it is beautiful (read "wonderful"!, best- of-show at
Beltring, eh!)! O.K. One was captured in Africa in WWII and it was
shipped to Italy where it was evaluated and then manufactured by LANCIA
with an Astura engine of 60 HP, an Breda 8 mm. machine gun, a crew of two,
weight 3.140 Kg. It was made in 100 units but it was too late to be
assigned to the Royal Army (Regio Esercito) and it was again manufactured
under German management in 150 units (total 250 units).
Will you believe it? It was named "LINCE" = Lynx...!!!
Sorry, I do not know if any has survived and preserved in some obscure
Italian Museum...

Thank you again!

Regards and
KEEP THEM ROLLING!

Raimondo - M.V.P.A.

P.S. I have been to Victoria in 1997 (Butchard Gardens, spelling?). What a
lovely place...