Re: [MV] 1954 Dodge M-42 Command/Radio Truck Project

jim gilmore (jgilmore@oeonline.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:07:57 -0500

Rob wrote:
I have just been given three US military radios
and wondered if they are suitable for the above listed truck project:
>RT-68/GRC with PP-112/GR power supply, AM-65/GRC with RT-70A/GRCand in a
>CY-615/URR cabinet there is an R-174/URR with a PP-308/URR power supply ?
>Also need manuals, cables and antenea with bases and mounts for all three.

Usually these sets have an auxiliary. receiver (R-108/109/110) along
with the other RT units. If you are using a RT-68 and a RT-70 this would be
a infantry radio truck. For an artillery unit a RT-67 would be used and an
armored unit would use a RT-66. Of course there are many other sets that
could also be used depending where, when and who used the vehicle. I should
have the manuals for most of these sets and the individual radios/power
supplies. Contact me off list for specifics.

For any list members who may want to add radio sets to their 3/4 ton, I
have available the radio installation diagram book for the M-37 which shows
most,if not all, the 1950's/60's radio sets used in the vehicle. The manual
shows the installation of the sets with dimensions and lists all the items
required for each set including the nuts, bolts, cables, mounts,
accessories and even gives the layout of the holes to be drilled. This is a
good place to start when thinking about a radio set(s) or figuring out what
all those holes in your truck are there for. Cost is $10.00 plus $3.20
postage (US).

PS.......have same for the M-38/38A1

Jim Gilmore MVPA # 5843

Member Ist Michigan AOD Chapter MVPA