Re: [MV] What's a good "starter" AFV?

R. C . Orpe (sgtorpe@sierratel.com)
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 15:58:37 -0800

You might talk to Earl Tucker. He has some AFVs like the Scorpion that are
not so big that they require heavy haulers to move them. He is down there
close to you.
Randy
-----Original Message-----
From: Dean L. Kellogg, Jr <kelloggd@uthscsa.edu>
To: mil-veh-digest@skylee.com <mil-veh-digest@skylee.com>
Date: Tuesday, November 23, 1999 2:49 PM
Subject: [MV] What's a good "starter" AFV?

Hi listees,

I have started to dig/pour/etc the concrete pad needed keep an armored
vehicle in my barn. I have considered and have read a bit about the
challenges of working on AFV's (the weight of components, etc.) I would
like to get any thoughts ya'll might have on this.

I have also considered what type of AFV would be best to "start with" and
have read about halftracks and M8/M20's. Of these vehicles I find the M8
most interesting and probably a better "starter" AFV. The M8 lacks tracks!
I would appreciate hearing any thoughts on "starter" AFV's too.

Thanks

* Dean L. Kellogg, Jr., MD, PhD *
* Department of Medicine *
* The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio *
* 7703 Floyd Curl Drive *
* San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900 *
* (210) 617-5311 FAX (210) 617-5312 e-mail:kelloggd@uthscsa.edu *