Re: [MV] CMON!! starting an M54

ljh (ljh@public.xm.fj.cn)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 22:55:52 +0800

Damon:

Lets see if I can be any help. First Drain any excess water from the fuel
filters and I'm not sure on a 5-ton about the primary filter but on a
duce it is up front under the altenator. You can acomplish this by
installing the batteries and then turning on the Main switch. The
electric boost pump should come on and give you 5-7psi to the system.
Then Check your engine oil level to be sure there is no water and the
proper level of oil is there. Check the coolant level in the Radiator and
if all of that is good, hold the throttle pedal down about halfway keep
your fingers crossed and, hit the starter button. These vehicles store
very well and It should start up within a few cranks if all is well. When
she starts, listen carfully for any dangerous sounds like crankshft
bearings, and keep your eye glued to the oil prissure gauge. You should
have oil pressure within about 15 seconds or so. If you have oil pressure
and all sounds OK... warm her up and watch for the air to come up. It is
easy to hear an air leak once the compressor is running. if you are going
to drive her home its a good idea to check all of the fluid level in the
Trans, transfer case, and axles, look for brake fluid leaks around the
inner wheel area and do a test stop before you take off.
If you have any specific problems and or questions I will try to help you
the best I can.

I can remember starting my very first duce from the DRMO system, then
driving it home in the dark because I did not know how to turn on the
lights. ha.

Tim Conover
Xiamen China,.