Re: [MV] M35 Watch out/Must have list

t.glance@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 03:23:16 +0000

You may also want to check out the UNIMOG 404. Much
better in the snow(or anywhere off road), better fuel
milage, good parts availibilty, 1.5 metric ton cargo
capacity, and Mercedes quality! You will pay a little
more intialy, but itw owuld be worth it.

As a plus, the Swiss seem to be the exact opposite of
Americans when it comes to surplusing vehicles. In the
US they are normally stripped of all equipment before
they are turned in(I have even been known to switch in a
broken axle shaft from another truck into a truck just
outside the DRMO gate before I drove it in!). My Swiss
404 came with all the tools, gas can, manuals, wheel
chock, tire chains, canvas, troop seats, and pioneer
tools. This stuff adds up when you have to buy it
seperatly!

For anyone considering a UNIMOG 404, the Swiss trucks
seem to have been maintained much better and seen lees
use than the German, French, and other MOGS.

Tim Glance
Clyde, NC