[MV] M38CDN project

From: R.S. (rejan@escape.ca)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 12:18:58 PST

Hi all,

I am in need of any and all information relating to my 1953 M38CDN, I plan
on doing a full restoration, but the Jeep is missing the original engine
(was replaced by a V6 some time ago), quite a bit of the original hardware
is no longer there, and the whole electrical system (lights, switches,
wiring) is gone. So I would need to find parts sources to bring this truck
back to life...

Are M38CDN engines any different than regular CJ and/or M38 engines? Are
there any parts suppliers that carry parts for M38s located in Canada? (It
also needs front floor pans)

Where would be the best place to start looking for the millitary history of
this particular Jeep. It is an early number built by Ford with a Canadian
army contract number on it. I am new at this, so any info would be helpful.

Thanks

Rej