Re: [MV] Status of Humvee Auctions

From: jonathon (jemery@execpc.com)
Date: Sat Dec 04 1999 - 19:41:21 PST

> Evidently AMGeneral is
>pitching a monumental bitch to the DOD about these things hitting the
>market, because it is killing their Civillian HUMMER market.....
>Waaaaaaaa.

Waaaa is right. Who paid to design and develop the vehicle in the first
place...... WE DID!

> So basically, from here on out any Humvee will be on the
>de-mil list again... thats right.....cut up into 4 equally useless
>pieces.....

Did we just go thru a time warp or something, it's the MUTT scenario all
over again. MVPA where are you??????

>So here is the deal..... on the bright side of things..... if any of you
>do manage to get one...their resale value just skyrocketed......

That is the same BS excuse/justification we heard 20+ years ago, the selfish
few worried about the resale value of THIER vehicle and unconcerned about
the thousands (or tens or hundreds of thousands) that will be destroyed.

Am I pissing in the wind or is anyone else upset about this????

je