Re: [MV] Reactions of Non MV Owners

From: Buzz Szarek (buzz@toast.net)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 18:49:46 PST

Back when I used to drive my M215 daily back and forth to work in Boston
had some serious fun.

You see, I'm in the Air Force.

The base commander began to receive several reports that fell into two
categories.
1. There's a vehicle in your motor pool that needs some serious
attention.
2. Someone's using a government vehicle for personal use.

These complaints sparked off several investigations that didn't turn up
anything out of the ordinary at the motorpool.

Then, one day, the Commander was making a tour of housing and he
happened to
see my '54 parked out front (I was replacing a windshield at the time).
He
parked his car and just watched. I would have stopped what I was doing
and
said Hi (sir), but I thought he was observing some of the Milcon
(construction) that was going on behind me. Eventually I waved (and
saluted)
and he drove off. Couple of weeks later he saw me and made a point of
asking
me what I was going to do with that "ugly G__ Damn truck". I told him I
was
fixing it up and was just going to drive it. He thought it was pretty
cool
and the complaints eventually stopped. Later when I was supporting the
boss
on a trip to the Pentagon he asked me to fly with him on his jet. He
told me
that I could go on one condition.... I couldn't park the '215 in front
of
base Ops! (I parked it in the back).

--
-Buzzard