[MV] Willis vs Willeez

From: Renee Davis (pandr@cybertours.com)
Date: Wed Dec 08 1999 - 19:18:09 PST

I believe this is a win-win distinction. BOTH ways are correct.

Although we often forget it in these days of nationwide broadcasting,
which has a homogenizing effect, "American English" is actually composed
of many regional accents and dialects.

Accents are largely derived from large scale immigration patterns some
of which can be traced back to which region of England the first
colonists hailed from. Where we grew up tends to determine how we
pronounce our words. You wouldn't know it in cyberspace, but I grew up
pahking the cah.

This is an international list. We have members who use spanners under
the bonnet and members who use wrenches under the hood.

Vive la differance!

Just my long winded two decimal units worth.

Pete Davis
pandr@cybertours.com