Re: [MV] Kubelwagon

From: Daniel Terp (dterp@tallcity.com)
Date: Thu Dec 09 1999 - 18:21:49 PST

There's a company in South Carolina that imports the Mexican Beetles,
Complete with A/C and heat. They guarantee you can title it in the US.

I understand they can also supply parts, like new 1999 engines, if you
are looking to build a kubelwagen Replica.

www.vintageonline.com or (864)982-1270

On Thu, 09 Dec 1999 06:56:39 -0800, you wrote:

>I too would find any info on the replica Kubelwagon very interesting.
>Volkswagon is still producing the Beetle in Mexico. I wonder if they
>still produce the Thing. I looked into possible export of a new Beetle
>which can be purchased in Mexico for under $6K, but it proved too
>difficult to get it out of Mexico; no safety glass, no 15MPH bumper, no
>EPA approval. Anyone know how you can get around these problems?
>Thanks, Jan

=To unsubscribe from the mil-veh mailing list, send the single word